Extra Form

649450ea8a2e854924314a56ee06228b.jpg

Q. Could you explain about you?    

I gain a bachelor with honours at the IED in Turin, My fascination about the way people move and travel guided me to attend the Royal College of Art in London graduating with a Masters degree in vehicle design. My experiences have included working as Chief Designer at Granstudio, as senior exterior designer at Alfa Romeo / Maserati and as creative designer for Pininfarina, Audi AG, GM forum, Cleto Munari and as interior designer in London. Various projects he worked on had been exhibited during the Beijing and Geneve Motorshow, Ever in Monaco, MART in Rovereto and the London Transport museum. The project has been personally founded and developed. Revolve is the first of a series of projects I have been developing since 2014.

cd310e6ff32a8e6195714e921f8973c1.jpg

Q. Congratulations to the Asia Design Prize 2018. I would like to introduce your your work description.    

Revolve has been invented and designed with the aim to be the first modular wheel. Which in turn will open new frontiers for the present and future of foldable vehicles. Its simplicity and compact design makes Revolve an iconic and unique product never seen before. Moving is a challenge between time and space. It was in the past, it is in the present and even more so in the future. The wheel has been the best companion in transportation, but has never been changed in shape and functionality. Large wheels are required in all man powered transportation for performance and efficiency. By not having a large wheel to store, Revolve is solving problems for mil-lions of travellers and adventurers. 

Revolve occupies up to 60% less space when folded(from 665mm to 260mm) and can be used in all conditions. When folded it allows the user to easily store it at home, in a backpack, in a trolley, in a trunk or even in the overhead baggage hold on an airplane. It is compatible with most bicycles and wheelchair designs as well as every mode of transportation using large bicycle wheels. With a simple action you can open and close the wheel making it practical and con-venient for every user. Its portability is guaranteed with two handles that lock and unlock the wheel when unfolded. Giving a second life to the wheel and the demands and constraints of present life. 

Revolve’s unique hexagon structure provides a solid and iconic design when open or closed. The airless tire allows for a compact and modular structure, nothing ever seen before. The practicality of the structure does not give way to the beauty of its design. Not only can this change the way people travel but also become a beautiful piece in their home. The smooth edges and simplicity only enhance the practicality of Revolve. Every segment comes together to guarantee the same fluidity as a common wheel guaranteeing universal large wheel efficiency. Revolve is the wheel in a new form, evolved to meet the demands of today.

31e13c305a78fe5dda6cba8d327bd659.jpg

Q. How did you get inspired in this award?    

ASIA DESIGN AWARD is a unique opportunity to present your product in front of an estimated list of Judges that will give you clear feedback about the potential of your product. The award gives the right visibility to professional and people passionate about design and new excited products.

2236cb5361fa175b4370cd70dfde5da8.jpg

Q. When you design with team or personally, what do you think are the most important elements and capabilities in design?    

As populations grow and space becomes more limited we are living busier and faster lives. Breaking down peoples mobility starting with the wheel is a new challenge that can bring new and more efficient vehicles for everyday life. For the traveler, the dreamer and the commuter, a new way to save space and time. When you design a new product is important to understand what the future users will need to live a better life in a multitasking world. Working in a multicultural context is necessary in the way to get new and excited input to shape unique and joyful products.

8e77b3d3bfece2f045c4d40f7302bf1b.jpg

Q. What if you have memorable works besides your winning works?    

My experience includes having worked for several car design projects, from Sports car to City cars. Collaborating with European, American and Asian car Brands. These experiences aloud me to travel all around the world and live the difficulties in moving from A to B and learn how fast cities are growing in term of mobility and architecture. Shape vehicle for dynamic cultures and a global market helped me to understand and analyze the present and future scenarios.

2b3f053027ea558ebace6f901c1e7fe1.jpg

Q. I am curious about the special design process of yourself.    

The original patented design for the folding wheel was created in 2015. In order to achieve the most efficient and accurate folding mechanism hundreds of 3D models and prototypes have been created over the years. The mission was to build the most compact wheel ever made, with inspiration from robotics, universal joints and the Omni wheel.

23e6d6dbea91769370c7d4a19c8d2090.jpg

Q. What if you have the most inspired design books or mentors?    

During my journey as transportation designer I had met really inspiring and talented people. Each of these personalities helped me to understand how to overcome the obstacles and learn from mistakes to shape unique products. Many books and magazines can inspire this attitude but nothing will enrich you more than living new cultures, cities and experiences.

Q. What do you want to achieve one’s goal in your life as a designer?    

The mission is to invent, design and manufacture a new way to move for global travellers. Create a new series of product multitasking, suitable for exploration and able to help people to have an easier and better life while moving between places, cars, trains and airplanes. Rethink the personal mobility from the wheel up to the smallest details.

ASIA DESIGN PRIZE

http://asiadesignprize.com/21176

Designsori Media Design Team

Contact _82-70-7740-4445, sori@designsori.com

Copyright ⓒ Designsori Reproduction - Redistribution prohibited

* If you display source and original text link, you can freely post on blog and homepage.

1. in INDUSTRIAL

Lok Bin Kai 아시아 디자인 프라이즈 위너 수상

2. in INDUSTRIAL

GOOZOO DESIGN 아시아 디자인 프라이즈 위너 수상

3. in INDUSTRIAL

홍익대학교 양경섭, 한희주, 송수진 아시아 디자인 프라이즈 수상

4. in INDUSTRIAL

MIIM Architecture & Design 아시아 디자인 프라이즈 위너 수상

5. in INDUSTRIAL

SYRINX 아시아 디자인 프라이즈 위너 수상

6. in INDUSTRIAL

넥센타이어 아시아 디자인 프라이즈 위너 수상