Extra Form

untitled.png

Q. Could you explain about you?    

We are an all-female design team that has spent the last 2 years developing and crafting a revolutionary collection of home furniture. It is designed to change the relationship people have with their urban homes. We believe that moving does not need to be a nuisance and limited space does not have to mean limited quality of life.

2b8ee011d0e8a4dc7ee0aee8b16aebca.jpg

Q. Congratulations to the Asia Design Prize 2018. I would like to introduce your work description.    

GOGOFurniture is an 8-piece home collection designed to embrace the concept of change while nourishing the need to feel home. It emphasizes simplicity, adaptability and portability, keeps functionality and comfort constant and through all this, it aims to connect. It is a soulful response to urbanization; a conscious reminder of balance.

5f6cc3cb207f68856e92293ec67c61ec.jpg

Q. How did you get inspired in this award?    

Asia Design Award focus on the design for solving problems. GOGO Furniture is design for the urbanites that live in a smaller space and need to move sometimes. It solves a big problem of big city living in Asia.

Q. When you design with team or personally, what do you think are the most important elements and capabilities in design?    

Finding the balance between aesthetics and function. One without the other is an ineffectual design.

c4cc11a1578f73ced97d1cafa5967525.jpg

Q. What if you have memorable works besides your winning works?    

The final thesis of my master degree focused on aesthetics. I conducted a study in which questionnaires were used to investigate people's subjective feelings toward classic designs. The results gave a quantitative look at something that is very personal and otherwise difficult to describe. It gave GOGO Furniture design team a greater appreciation for what kind of designs satisfy people, who’s preferences may be different than my own, so that we can better meet their expectation.

bf83153ed35607b99dd3905e6be92515.jpg

Q. I am curious about the special design process of yourself.  

We believe in solving problems. To often today designs are solutions looking for a problem. We believing in finding things that need improving and then working hard to accomplish that rather than creating something then hoping to find it a purpose. We are purpose driven designers.

Q. What if you have the most inspired design books or mentors?    

Pao-the Han, who is the most famous architect in Taiwan. He devoted his whole life to aesthetics education and teach Taiwanese people how to appreciate and enjoy the real beauty of culture in our daily lives.

4c3ce73cadae92a432eb6b9a833d5152.jpg

Q. What do you want to achieve one’s goal in your life as a designer?    

On the surface we hope our designs will help make peoples’ lives easier. But on a much deeper level, we want to enhance the quality of their lives. We want to create connections, inspire feelings and allow people to have an emotional relationship with our designs.

ASIA DESIGN PRIZE

http://asiadesignprize.com/

Designsori Media Design Team

Contact _82-70-7740-4445, sori@designsori.com

Copyright ⓒ Designsori Reproduction - Redistribution prohibited

* If you display source and original text link, you can freely post on blog and homepage.

1. 2022/06/23 in NEWS

에어비앤비, 기상천외한 숙소 아이디어에 120억 내걸어

2. 2022/06/23 in INSPIRATION

영혼을 갈아 넣어 만든 인류의 역사

3. 2022/06/23 in TREND

“다양성·희소성 추구하는 MZ 세대가 수제맥주의 필연이자 희망”

4. 2022/06/23 in INSIGHT

고객 인터뷰의 두 가지 함정

5. 2022/06/23 in GRAPHIC

넉살과 까데호의 [당신께] 속 독특한 앨범 커버의 비밀

6. 2022/06/23 in SPACE

환경 보호에 앞장서는 독일의 탄소중립 호텔