Wine Mythology Label
Producing wine is a complex experience. It means carrying on an ancient tradition, which goes far beyond entrepreneurial spirit, and embracing centuries-old practices as well as innovation, charm and discovery.
So, when the “Cantina Valpolicella Negrar” winery – a leading and historic Italian wine-producing company – decided to associate its products with a well-known figure, it is not by chance that Ulysses was chosen. He is the traveller par excellence and embodies a strong bond with the land, the spirit of enterprise, intelligence and far-sightedness – values which have distinguished this winery for decades.
Drawing inspiration from Ulysses, the “Cantina Valpolicella Negrar” winery is launching the “Wine Mythology Label” project. Planning to dedicate a limited edition of its finest wine – Amarone – to Homer’s hero, it is asking creative designers to develop a label that has what it takes to become an icon, a collection item, the object of desire for thousands of wine lovers from all over the world.
The “Wine Mythology Label” is more than just a packaging. It is a complex experience and embodies the secret soul of this wine, which designers will have to reveal and translate into a visual message – able to evoke the feelings, the nuances and the emotions of the product. A label is first and foremost an act of courtship, a way of depicting the versatile identity of the wine and of the company producing it; great creativity and imagination are the key to its success.
That is why the “Cantina Valpolicella Negrar” winery wants to open up to the world of creativity, asking designers and graphic designers to give shape to the identity of one of its finest wines, creating a label that represents the product and its eighty-year-old history, in order to offer the most demanding customers a unique and enchanting experience.
The “Wine Mythology Label” project gives creative minds the opportunity to forge the image of one of the most prestigious and successful products worldwide: Amarone. The label they create will be used for an exclusive collection for the most passionate wine lovers and connoisseurs.
- David Carson, Carson Design
- Jonathan Quainton and Rob Gonzalez, Sawdust
- Alessandra Scandella
- Flaviano Celaschi, University of Bologna
- Amelia Valletta, NABA
- Oreste Ingaramo, POLI.Design
- Enrico Fornaroli, ABABO, School of Fine Arts of Bologna
- Lorenzo Ruggeri, Gambero Rosso
- Daniele Accordini, Cantina Valpolicella Negrar
- 1st Prize € 5. 000 + REALIZATION
- 2nd Prize € 2.000
- 3rd Prize € 1.000
- n. 4 Gold Mentions € 500 each
- n. 10 Honorable Mentions
- n. 30 Finalists
Wine Mythology Label is a graphic design competition open for all. There is no age limit for teams composed of a single member, while teams composed of more than one member should include at least one member aged under 35.
- 14/11/2016 early bird registration -opening
- 18/12/2016 (11.59 p.m. GMT ) early bird registration - ending
- 19/12/2016 standard registration - opening
- 15/01/2017 (11.59 p.m. GMT ) standard registration - ending
- 16/01/2017 late registration - opening
- 12/02/2017 (11.59 p.m. GMT ) late registration - ending
- 15/02/2017 (11.59 p.m. GMT ) materials submission deadline
- 20/02/2017 jury summoning
- 20/03/2017 results’ publication
More information on : www.competitionsfordesigners.com
Contact us at: email@example.com
Facebook: CODE / @competitionsfordesigners
cash prize award: $ 10,000.00 USD